Thursday, May 15, 2008

Back to Work


Today I went back to work for the first time since mid-November.

I was prepared to miss Sylvia terribly, to call Grandpa (babysitter) every half hour, for pumping at work to not go well, for Sylvia to refuse to take a bottle from Grandpa and to fuss the whole time...but instead all went well, I enjoyed being out and about and reconnecting with my place of work and coworkers, I was able to pump quite a lot, and Sylvia behaved very well. She ate only a little, just enough to stave off hunger until we reconnected.

Now we're back at home and I need a nap!

It will do us both good for me to have a life outside baby care and home. I'll only be working two short days per week to start, slowly pacing my way up as Sylvia grows more independent, and I hope this good trend continues.

1 comment:

stephanie: said...

Congratulations friend! Going back to work is a huge transition -- I'm glad it went so well.

xoxo