Sunday, May 25, 2008

Quirky Tag

Six things Dan finds quirky about me:

1 - I am always looking for the punchline of the "that's what she said" joke, which won't die. Or become unfunny. Ever.

2 - I'll eat, but won't touch raw, chicken.

3 - See the post titled "Your Mama is Crazy" regarding making up nicknames and songs for Sylvia.

4 - I can remember the lyrics to many songs.

5 - I like some fast food occasionally (Taco Bell...yuck).

6 - I'm only quirky in five ways.


Six things I find quirky about me:

1 - Despite having done quite a bit of air travel in my life, I hate traveling by plane and spend days and days psyching myself up for a plane trip. My body doesn't like being way way way up off the ground.

2 - I count things, like steps I take to a door, the number of syllables in a spoken sentence - not always, not all things, but just enough to place me on this side of obsessive-compulsive.

3 - Except when I'm talking or listening to someone (or the TV, music, or a movie) I almost always hear music in my head. Mostly other people's recordings, sometimes my own compositions.

4 - Even though I will wear the same shirt more than once, enjoy eating tempeh, prefer to buy used clothes and furniture, own a drum, and "dig cool vibes, man," I most definitely do NOT identify as a hippie.

5 - I live to be sarcastic, biting and appropriately catty, but my own skin is thin, and I take jabs at me to heart.

1 comment:

zoe krylova said...

here is a sixth one to add to dan's (well seventh, if you count the current sixth):

even though you most assuredly are not a hippie, some of your best friends are!

(or maybe they are hippie hating hippies?)(perhaps a new term is needed?)(flippies?)(btw, not all hippies stink & love the grateful dead. i swear)