Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Little Behind


No, this isn't a post about Sylvia's posterior, which is really cute, by the way...have I told you about Sylvia's behind??

It's about the reality of my falling behind in the activities that used to take up my time: housework (I can't believe the amount of dirt and grassy bits that get tracked into the house and stay there for days), gardening (I'm just now getting out to the vegetable garden to weed, and it's practically July), house maintenance (we just cleaned the gutters of the spring leaf and seed drop this week), creative projects (I haven't sewn since February, and haven't done any artwork since...when? Who remembers?).

I know that raising a baby takes precedence over all of these lesser tasks. I know I shouldn't feel bad about having a messier house than usual right now. I know it's temporary. I know I'm doing the most important work of my life by caring for Sylvia.

But still...day to day I live in the mess in the house/garden, and am frustrated by not having time to create in other ways.

But anyhow...what an adventure I'm having in the meantime!

No comments: