Sunday, November 4, 2007

Falling Back

Daylight savings time ends soon...time to fall back.
Remember trust falls from camp?
Surrendering to the process of letting go, both now with my health care and thinking ahead to labor!
I expected to go into the OB clinic and find some antiquated, intervention-happy OB with forceps sticking out of his back pocket. Boy, was I surprised to see a friendly young smiling fellow that I know through my local herd share (where we get fresh milk)!
Many fears evaporated.
The doc has already had a conversation with my midwife about how she can be involved at the birth. I've been attending twice weekly fetal monitoring sessions (which consist mostly of my relaxing and listening to the rhythmic pulsing of my daughter's heart) along with weekly ultrasounds, which are pretty fun to see. All part of being on oral insulin.
So glad to not have to manage injectible insulin and sharps!
And my stress level has come down considerably now that I've crossed the once-looming threshhold into "life without a midwife" which may not be completely without a midwife after all.
Falling back into feeling things are all okay, and feeling my excitement (and my belly) grow every day!

No comments: