Friday, November 23, 2007

Thankful

For this past Wednesday being my last day at work for six months.
For this heavy, medicine-ball-in-the-lower-abdomen feeling being temporary.
For having loving, capable friends to surround me in the delivery room.
For having loving, capable friends to surround me after we get home.
For a husband/partner/best friend/soulmate to cheer me up, cheer me on, keep me laughing, cook and clean, and offer so many strengths not only to me, but to our child on the way.
For family, so eager with anticipation, ready to pitch in and help in between rounds of holding and staring in awe at a baby.
For Kegel exercises, birth balls, Boppy pillows, slings, car seats, tiny socks, diaper services, books, helpful Web sites, and stuffed animals.
For getting the opportunity to do this, the most common and the most miraculous of undertakings.

No comments: