Monday, November 12, 2007

Special!

I found out really good news - my midwife can attend my birth!

After all that worry and stress, and then letting go of the idea of having a midwife present, things have finally aligned the way I wanted them to begin with.

I say "special" because when I saw her over at the hospital, she came up to me and said, "Good news - I can special for you!"

To which I replied, "Sounds great, but I have no idea what that means!"

We had a good laugh.

Needless to say I'm much more relaxed, and less apprehensive about labor and birth.

Thank goodness I live in Ann Arbor and not some other place with less progressive views on co-managed care.

Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, there...just a note bout midwives. your blog caught my eye, as my son was born at home in texas. typical dark and stormy night, wolves at the door, we lived in the BOONIES. midwife gave me a bowl containing the afterbirth, said, take this and bury it in the woods. now, aw texas boonies are scary in the daylight, know what i mean ? anyway, i got it done, but i'll not ever forget that homebirth experience, not ever. i also know why hospital rooms are tiled. yikes. what a mess. but my son ? beautiful. his mom said she'd never do that again, either.

Laura_M said...

I can just imagine you burying your bowl of goodies with a flashlight in hand!
I plan to bury the placenta out by a friend's cabin near a lake where we spend a lot of time, and plant perhaps a fruiting tree there too.
Won't be doing it by dark of night, though, and will probably have to wait until April or May when the ground thaws...ah, Michigan!