Monday, November 26, 2007

Forecast

Here's what the weather forecast looks like for today:
A slight chance of light rain through 10 am...then rain likely during the morning...then rain through 4 pm...then rain and snow.
Verbatim, from the NOAA site.

I finished work last week, and boy, am I glad. This baby has moved farther down, making it harder to walk, sit, stand...basically do anything comfortably aside from lie on my side. A good sign, I know, but jeez, a bit much! Can't wait until her head is in my pelvis...that should feel great!

The baby forecast, according to my "due date" (which we should really come up with another name for, like "estimated date of arrival" or "maybe date"), is December 18...my obstetrician doesn't want me to go beyond December 11 (due to a slightly increased risk of fetal mortality in gestational diabetic moms that go to term), which my midwife thinks may be a little to overly cautious...my doula thinks closer to December 7, which would be fine with me. I don't really have a strong sense, other than that this baby is on her way, and I doubt she'll wait past the 11th.

It's her call, and we'll just have to see!

Thankfully my parents will be here toward the end of this week, so I'll have more support (and pampering) for a few days before labor begins.

2 comments:

michelle said...

Laura!

Maybe you will have your daughter the same day as my nephew, Coyote (December 16).

Thank you for keeping this blog so I can have some part in your life!

And thank you for the package (see separate email for more...)

It was lovely!

Laura_M said...

You know, the 16th isn't really so far off, but given how I'm feeling now it seems weeks and weeks away!

I'm hoping for an arrival sometime next week.