Saturday, December 1, 2007

Cold

When I woke up this morning it was 12 degrees outside. Cold.

And I also have a cold, which I've been nursing for four days now. Apparently, it's not uncommon for women to get a cold at the end of their pregnancy; perhaps nature's way of ensuring that we'll actually sit down, lie down, rest and physically prepare for the labor ahead.

Also a great excuse to eat my mother-in-law's chicken soup, which has magical medicinal qualities...not that I need an excuse to eat it.

My parents are here, braving the Michigan cold to ancitipate this baby's arrival. They reside in Florida, where my dad has informed me (no fewer than three times in the last 12 hours) that the temperature when the left was 80 degrees. So it's cold here for them.

Off to the Shadow Art Fair in Ypsilanti today to do some holiday shopping and supporting of local craftspeople!

2 comments:

zoe krylova said...

brrrrr. i can't say i miss the super-cold. but i do wish for snow. forecast says there might be some wednesday. here predictions of snow can cause the whole town to shut down. it makes us laugh.

Laura_M said...

It always amazed me how things came to a grinding halt in Georgia, Tennesee & Louisiana with even the threat of snow. Schools closing, businesses shutting down early. Panic in the streets!