Friday, December 7, 2007

Walking...or Waddling

In an effort to move things along, I've been walking for about an hour a couple of times a day. There is snow, and there has been ice, on the sidewalks outside, so I've been trying to think of all the indoor spaces conducive to walking.

So far I've taken my parents to Lowe's, the botanical gardens conservatory, Home Depot and the Meijer's on Jackson Road. We plan to shake it up tomorrow by hitting the Meijer's on Carpenter Road. Call it comparison walking.

Or waddling. The baby's head is so low down, and I'm finding it harder to keep a pace faster than a glorified shuffle. Plus transitioning from sitting to standing is a bit uncomfortable. Once I'm up and stand for a minute it's all good, but those ligaments down low are not happy at first!

5 comments:

zoe krylova said...

this is also a great time for you and dan to enjoy your last few dinners out and big screen films before having to hire a babysitter for many years to come!

when i was due with tashi i heard so many myths about foods to eat to get things going. one was stinky cheese.

my mother told me she ate donuts before going into labor with both of my brothers. donuts????

but i did go into labor while dan was in an oakland, ca, safeway searching for boston creme donuts for me! sonic youth was wailing on the radio. it was awesome. as soon as dan got back in the car (with no boston creme donuts, mind you), i said with gritted teeth, "it's TIME to go home."

Laura_M said...

Oh, to be allowed to eat donuts!

Did eat some pizza tonight. No labor yet.

My doula suggested acupuncture on Thursday or Friday if I haven't gone by then.

Meanwhile, more walking, and rocking on the birth ball!

zoe krylova said...

i had accupuncture to try do induce labor with tashi. like homeopathics, it may work if your body is ready. yet it won't cause harm if your body is not ready. it's not at all unusual for a first time mama to go overdue. but i know the doc's got the clock ticking. i hope you're remaining in good spirits? has your cold passed?

Laura_M said...

Still have the cold; mostly snotty but no other symptoms. I'll see the doc tomorrow and they may want to schedule a "procedure." Not happy about that prospect.
My spirits are pretty good, I'm a bit cranky and physically uncomfortable. Transitioning from standing to sitting, or vice versa, is pretty uncomfortable on the ligaments.
Come on, baby!

Jeff said...

OMG...Can't wait to meet her!!!! Jeff