Sunday, February 17, 2008

Helping Hands



I'm still sick with the crud, though feeling well enough to go to Grandma & Grandpa's for dinner last night (but I crashed halfway through, forcing us to leave promptly) and to do the dishes this morning. Grandma's busy right now cooking us some food for the next couple of days.

Today it is warmer (41 - practically balmy) and it's been raining, melting the snow cover. It'll turn cold again tomorrow and stay that way all week, and I feel like I'm missing a great opportunity to go walking outdoors today, but I don't have the energy.

It all makes me think about Dan's upcoming return to work in three weeks. I know I'll feel better by then (I had better!) but I'm a little nervous about solo parenting for long stretches of the day. Grandparents and uncle have offered to help, and we plan to have a conversation soon about what that will look like - afternoon babysitting for naptime? Evening babysitting for cooking dinner time? Morning babysitting for mama needs to go swimming time? Thank goodness we have the help we have - it's making things much easier, and making them possible at all when we're sick.

No comments: