Monday, February 4, 2008

Sick and Tired




Three nights ago I was losing it because of exhaustion. I couldn't form sentences in my head, much less through my mouth, and I felt like I would never catch up on my sleep. Ever.

Dan did a great job of baby duty so I could sleep...at least try. Sylvia decided it would be fun to stay awake in the middle of the night, and so I was awake too.

Two nights ago Dan woke up with gastrointestinal armageddon; I was not only awake with Sylvia for her usual feedings & rocking to sleep, but I also did Dan's diaper duty and was awake helping Dan deal with his own malaise for a few hours.

Tonight I'm running on fumes, but feeling more sane after Uncle Josh came over and minded the baby for a few hours so Dan could sleep and I could attempt to sleep - despite earplugs and the radio set to static (in an effort to keep me from hearing Sylvia - if she's anywhere in earshot and even slightly fussy, I'm awake...the magic of survival instincts at work) I could not sleep. Lying down for a couple of hours helped though.

Now she's slumbering at 11pm, Dan is feeling slightly better and is in bed, and I'm on my way to brush my teeth and put on my jammies - hopefully I'll board the Nighttime Train to Sleepville.

No comments: