Thursday, February 28, 2008

Liberated



In different cultures cutting one's hair short can have different meanings: a display of grief, the representation of a new chapter in one's life, liberation from a bad situation or relationship...

Today I had my hair cut, not so much in an act of liberation but to make personal hygiene quicker and easier. These days I don't always get a daily shower, much less take time to do anything special with my hair, which had gotten long.

While I was out Sylvia had her first feeding from a bottle! Dad handled it well, and Sylvia did not seem to mind the alternative feeding method. She did want to eat again when I got home, though; hard to say if she was just extra hungry or missing my touch. Even though I was only gone a couple of hours, and it did feel good to go out alone, I did find myself missing my little bundle; it was nice to nestle into the rocking chair and reconnect.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

You look adorable!

Laura_M said...

Thanks!
Notice how Sylvia has her "power to the people" fist in the air.

zoe krylova said...

hey gorgeous. i finally got to check in after too many rushed internet sessions. gotta pay for the sessions over here so have mostly been uploading photos rather than checking my favorite blogs. glad to see so many pics of the wee sprite! and happy to hear you're finally feeling better. yuk!

michelle said...

laura, i love your haircut! you both look happy and gorgeous.

xoxo

stephanie: said...

looking good, meisler!